Millington High evacuated due to gas leak

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILLINGTON, Tenn. — Students at Millington High School were evacuated due to a gas leak early Wednesday morning, WREG has confirmed.

According to reports, a construction crew was working to build the Millington Performing Arts Center and hit a two-inch gas main. The gas has since been turned off, but officials told us they have to go room by room to get readings before allowing students to return.

A viewer in the area told our team law enforcement officials are on the scene blocking off roads near the school.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.