Massive fire destroys southwest Memphis home overnight

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A massive fire in southwest Memphis destroyed a home overnight and put firefighters in danger.

The blaze started around 2:45 a.m. Friday morning at a home in the 400 block of Hewlett Road.

Flames could be seen coming from the home when firefighters first arrived and they soon learned it was too dangerous to go inside. They were told to get out and fight the fire from the outside.

It took more than an hour to bring the flames under control.

Thankfully, no one appears to have been injured.

It appears the fire started as a result of fire left on the stove.

Google Map for coordinates 35.017103 by -90.077445.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.