MEMPHIS, Tenn. — An early morning blaze left at a local apartment complex left one Memphis family in need of assistance.
WREG was told the incident happened at the Aspen Wood apartments on South Mendenhall Road between Knight Arnold and Scottsdale Avenue around 4:20 a.m. Thursday.
The two-story building was showing heavy fire when the Memphis Fire Department arrived on the scene, but thankfully no one was hurt.
One family appears to have been displaced. They are receiving help from the Red Cross.
Lt. Wayne Cooke with the fire department said an electrical malfunction in the attic caused the fire.