Family safe after home catches fire in East Memphis

MEMPHIS, Tenn. —  A family is safe this morning after their home caught on fire early Tuesday morning.

The home on St. Andrews Fairway was called in around 3:45 a.m., fire crews told WREG. By the time our crews made it to the scene, the fire was already extinguished.

The family inside did make it out okay.

According to Lt. Wayne Cooke with the Memphis Fire Department, the fire started after a gas grill was left on in the pool house at the back of the property. The fire caused more than $120,000 in damages.