Fire damages home in Whitehaven

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 3700 block of Maulden Drive Wednesday morning.

Upon arrival on the scene fire fighters reported seeing heavy flames coming from the one-story home.

Fire fighters confirmed the cause of the fire was a heating unit that malfunctioned in the hallway of the home, and the home sustained smoke, fire and water damage.

Fire crews are also reporting that the residence didn’t appear to have a working fire alarm.

The fire department urged all residents to make they maintain a working fire alarm in their home by checking the device once a month.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.