Nashville mayor’s son dies of apparent drug overdose

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo: Nashville.gov

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Nashville Mayor Megan Barry is mourning the loss of her son.

According to a statement on the Nashville government website, Max Barry, 22, died Saturday evening in Denver. The cause of death was cited as an apparent drug overdose.

He had just graduated in June from the University of Puget Sound.

“We cannot begin to describe the pain and heartbreak that comes with losing our only child,” Megan Barry and her husband Bruce wrote in their statement. “Our son was a kind soul full of life and love for his family and friends.”

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.