Fire department say a house fire was started due to faulty electrical wiring

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The Memphis Fire Department says the house fire on Robin Hood Ln was caused due to faulty electrical wiring near the porch light fixture.

MFD responded to a house fire at 1480 Robin Hood Ln on Friday.

Firefighters said heavy fire was visible from the single story wood-framed home and went to work immediately.

The twelve piece crew worked on the fire for fifteen minutes before it was brought under control.

No reports of injuries from the fire.

A total of $25,000 structure and $5,000 contents damage as a result of the damage.

MFD invites everyone to maintain a working smoke alarm in their homes.

A few things to remember are to check your smoke alarms once a month and change your battery when you change your clocks.

City of Memphis residents may apply for a free smoke alarm online or contact the Fire Museum of Memphis at (901) 636-5650