Man bitten by Copperhead inside Arkansas Walmart

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JACKSONVILLE, Ark. — An Arkansas man was rushed to the hospital after he was bitten by a Copperhead inside a Walmart store.

According to THV11, the incident happened in Jacksonville, Arkansas, just northeast of Little Rock.

Animal Control officials said the snake was de-fanged, which indicates it could be someone’s pet. The snake’s front two fangs were removed, but the venomous glands were not.

The man was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment.

It’s unclear how the snake made it’s way into the Walmart store.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.