Man severely hurt in house fire caused by smoking

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo: Memphis Fire

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A man is in critical condition after being burned in a house fire Saturday.

Memphis Fire responded to the 1000 block of South Orleans Street around noon.

They said a man had rescued a 60-year-old family member from the house by the time they arrived, but the 60-year-old had already suffered second- and third-degree burns.

He was transported to Regional Medical Center in critical condition.

Memphis Fire said the fire started from “careless use of smoking materials.”

Google Map for coordinates 35.118114 by -90.041256.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.