Woman in hospital after house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A woman was taken to the hospital after a house fire early Sunday morning.

The fire happened at 2581 Kenner Avenue. The Memphis Fire Department said crews responded to the call just before 2 a.m. and brought the fire under control at 2:10 a.m.

The unidentified woman was taken to St. Francis Hospital in non-critical condition to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire department determined the home did not have a working smoke alarm. The fire department also said faulty electrical wiring in the attic of the home led to the fire. The home sustained smoke, fire and water damage.