Man, child escape house as it goes up in flames

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — No one was hurt in a house fire in Orange Mound Thursday night.

Firefighters said a man and a child were inside the home when the fire started, but they were able to get out in time after the man smelled smoke.

It happened at Kent Street and Spottswood Avenue.

Fire officials believe the blaze started from a candle in the bedroom.

Google Map for coordinates 35.113452 by -89.964653.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.