Central Avenue mansion catches fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Fire crews were called to the scene of a fire in the 2800 block of Central Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

The residents said the fire started while a family member and workers were installing Christmas lights. Four adults inside the home suffered from smoke inhalation. They were treated on the scene and released.

Fire crews determined the fire started in the laundry room after an iron was left on.

The estimated damage is $3.5 million.