If we only went by the scorching temperatures, it would be hard to believe summer is winding down.
Since there’s really no cool down in sight, Chef Elle is back and honoring more requests for al fresco ideas.
So give this recipe a try.
After all, she’s kept it fresh and oh so easy.
End of Summer Salad by Chef Elle
- 1/2 lb. orzo
- 2 corn cobs, fresh
- 1 medium onion
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 lbs. tomatoes
- 2 T mild miso
- 6 T unsalted butter
- grapeseed oil
- sea salt
Old-school Translations: c=cup; T=tablespoon; t=teaspoon
- Prepare grill according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise and onions should be quartered. Lightly drizzle with grape seed oil. Season with sea salt and set aside.
- Once grill is hot, lightly brush grates with oil. Transfer onion and corn, cooking eight minutes per side. Add tomatoes and zucchini and allow to cook 4 minutes per side. Remove vegetables from heat. Cut onion, zucchini and tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Remove corn from the cobs.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to the package instructions. Once done, drain and reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Using a small pot, add butter and miso and melt over medium-low heat.
- Transfer drained pasta to a large bowl. Pour miso butter over pasta and stir. If desired, add a tablespoon of pasta water at a time to create a light sauce. Toss vegetables in.
The only thing left to do is enjoy.
You can always add additional vegetables. To make this a complete meal, bacon, grilled shrimp or any seafood is ideal.
Since this recipe is fresh and easy, try it and let us know what you think. Remember, if you want the same results, follow the recipe and use the products mentioned.
Live At 9 cooking segment is sponsored in part by Double Door Marketing.
© 2016 Elle Green All Rights Reserved