The Memphis studio that gave us Uptown Funk is serving up soul music and soul food!
In fact, Yvonne Mitchell's cooking has fueled generations of musical genius in Memphis.
She's here along with her sister Lorraine and Royal Studios owner and Grammy winner Lawrence "Boo" Mitchell.
Ethan’s Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons of butter
- 1½ cup of finely shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups of finely shredded sharp cheese
- ½ teaspoon of ground mustard
- Preheat oven 400°
- Boil 10 cups of water in medium to large size pot. Add salt and olive oil to the water on medium high heat. Add macaroni when water comes to a boil. Boil 10 to 15 minutes.
- Get a medium size bowl and mix the eggs with a whisk (fork) add in ground mustard gradually mix in evaporated milk. mix well.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add noodles, seven tablespoons of butter and add all cheese except a ½ cup of sharp finely shredded cheese to add to top
- Pour mixture in a 9”x11” casserole dish add ½ cup of cheese to top, cover with glass cover or aluminum foil. Bake on 400° for 20-25 minutes take out oven and let set for 5 minute and enjoy.
Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 9” inch Deep Dish pie shell
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed down
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter melted one stick
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of self-rising flour( all-purpose if you like)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Pecan halves
- ¼ cup of pecan pieces
- 2 shots of (four roses single barrel) bourbon
- Mix sugar butter and eggs and milk flour the vanilla extract and bourbon.
- Fold in ¼ cup of pecan pieces and pour into pie shell.
- Arrange 1 cup pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes.