More people are adopting a gluten-free diet, but that doesn't mean it has to be flavor-free!
Chef Elle Green is back with a dessert that's not only delicious; you don't even have to turn the oven on to make it.
Eating gluten-free doesn’t necessarily mean leaving the table with a bowed-down head. It just takes time and little ingenuity to adapt beloved dishes to fit the new lifestyle.
Honoring more requests, Chef Elle is back with a gluten-free cobbler, and you don’t have to turn the oven on.
Gluten-free or not, this dessert is absolutely delicious. So give it a try. After all, she’s kept it fresh and oh so easy.
Free-To-Eat Peach Cobbler by Chef Elle
- 2 small peaches, pitted and diced
- 8 oz. peach jam
- 1/2 t Meyer lemon zest
- 1 1/2 T gluten-free oat flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1 oz. Riesling
- 1/2 c pecans, ground
- 3 T pecans, chopped
- 3 T semi-soft butter
- 1 1/2 T sugar
Old-school Translations: c=cup; T=tablespoon; t=teaspoon
- Preheat Cuisinart Toaster Oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the first 6 ingredients and add them to a medium bowl, stirring well.
- Measure 3 tablespoons of pecans and chop. Grind the remaining pecans in a blender. In a separate bowl, combine the ground and chopped pecans with butter and sugar and set aside.
- Spoon equal amounts of the peach mixture into 5 ounce ramekins. Cut butter into small pieces and place on top, followed by the pecan topping.
- Transfer ramekins to a lined baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling and topping has browned.
- The only thing left to do is enjoy.
Peaches are in season now, but when autumn rolls around, use apples or even pears.
Because of the summer heat, we used the Cuisinart® Toaster Oven, but this dish is also delicious on the grill. To achieve browning, simply lower the lid.
Since this recipe is fresh and easy, try it and let us know what you think. Remember, if you want the same results, follow the recipe and use the products mentioned.
Live At 9 cooking segment is sponsored in part by Double Door Marketing.
© 2016 Elle Green All Rights Reserved