We have not one but two recipes for your holiday meals.
The Cosmopolitan Cook Ragan Olgesby helped us set the stage for your family feast with some delicious starters.
Mini Corn Cakes with Smoked Salmon and Dill Crème Fraiche
Makes: 2 Dozen. Hands-On: 20 minutes Total: 50 mins
1 (825 oz.) can cream style corn
1 cup of plain white cornmeal
1 cup of sour cream
2 Tbsp vegetable Oil
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1 cup crème fraiche
2 Tbsp finely chopped dill
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 (4 oz) packages of thinly sliced smoked salmon flaked.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the first seven ingredients until smooth. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful corn mixture into each cup of a well greased 24 cup Miniature baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- Stir together crème fraiche, dill, and lemon juice. Top muffins with crème fraiche and Salmon.
Pumpkin-Carrot Soup Shooters with Coconut Cream
Makes: 6 cups Hands-On: 35min Total: 1hr 25mins
3 Tbsp of butter
2 large shallots, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
1 (1lb) package baby carrots, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp grated ginger.
¼ tsp pimenton (sweet smoked Spanish paprika)
6 cups of vegetable broth
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
¾ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Garnish: toasted sweetened flaked coconut.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add shallots, next 2 ingredients, and if desired jalapeno, and sauté 5 minutes until golden. Add carrots and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in ginger and pimento; cook , stirring constantly for 1 minute. Stir In broth and next 3 ingredients . Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Process soup with a hand blender until smooth. Stir with heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat , stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until hot. (for thinner soup stir in broth 1 tbsp at a time). Pour into small glasses; dollop with coconut cream.
- Ladyfingers Catering Company
- 4646 Poplar Ave. Suite 413
- Memphis, TN 38117
- (901) 864-0746