Ruth`s Chris Steak House is celebrating 50 years of sizzling steaks.
What started as one restaurant in New Orleans has now grown into the largest collection of upscale steak houses in the world!
But steak isn`t all that`s on the menu!
Ruth's Chris General Manager Kevin Johnson stopped by the Live at 9 set to give you the secret to the restaurant's barbecued shrimp!
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- 6120 Poplar Avenue
- Regalia Shopping Center
- (901) 761-0055
New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp
A classic New Orleans recipe, Ruth’s Chris Steak House BBQ Shrimp are not barbequed at all. They’re actually prepared with a delicious, peppery butter sauce. Be sure to keep some extra fresh French bread around so you can dip it in this sauce!
TOOLS: Chef Knife, Cast Iron Skillet, Measuring Spoons & Cups
20 16/20 Shrimp
1 oz Canola Oil
1 TBL + 5 tsp Green Onions, Chopped
2 oz Dry White Wine
1 tsp Fresh Chopped Garlic
4 TBL Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ tsp Paprika
8 oz Butter, salted
- Wash, peel and devein the shrimp
- Place a large cast iron skillet on a burner and heat over high heat. Add oil and cook shrimp until they are just done. It’s best to prepare shrimp in batches if you do not have large skillet. Remove shrimp and set aside on a large platter.
- Add green onions to the oil in the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add white wine and let simmer until it is reduced by half.
- When the wine is reduced by half, add chopped garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco. Cayenne pepper and Paprika. Shake the pan well and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cut butter into small chunks with the knife and slowly add into pan, shaking fast to melt butter.
- Continue to add butter until it all added and shake until butter is melted. Add shrimp back to pan and toss well to coat shrimp with butter and seasonings and to heat the shrimp. Place shrimp on four plates and enjoy!