White Chicken Chili with Cheddar Hushpuppy Crust
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can mild green chiles, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Heat oil over medium heat in 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet. Add 1 cup onion, garlic, green pepper, cumin and chili powder; sauté about 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining filling ingredients; simmer about 10 minutes.
- BEAT egg in medium bowl. Add milk, butter and cornbread mix; mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup onion and cheese. Pour over chicken chili in skillet.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown. Top with sour cream, salsa, and/or cilantro, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 1090mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 7g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 25%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For more great recipes, visit www.marthawhite.com.