Child sticks hair pin into outlet, burns hand

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Emergency crews responded to a report of a child shocked at a daycare Monday.

The 8-year-old boy stuck a hair pin into a socket and burned his hand.

The child was treated at the scene and is OK.

The daycare is located in the 3500 block of Hickory Hill.


  • Joe

    Oh tough it out! When I was 1 yr old I stuck tweezers in an outlet and got electrocuted. It toughened me up a bit and was good for me. I learned an important lesson out of it too.

  • austinandjustin

    I’m sorry the child was hurt, but at 8 years of age, I think he was old enough to know he wasn’t supposed to do that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he pried the safety off the electrical outlet.

  • TaylorSwiftFan

    My sister used to do that all the time, it made her hand black after two or three times.
    We didn’t make a big deal of it. My parents never knew she did it.
    The should have known better. The dummy!

  • TaylorSwiftFan

    By the way, when you put a hair pin in an outlet it explodes and makes your hand black. My sister was pretty dumb to do that more than one time!
    US kids laughed about it at the time.
    You have to admit, it was a pretty stupid thing to do!

  • Rooster

    I did that about 50 years ago when I was seven or eight. It sent me skidding under the table & slamming into the cupboards on the other side if the kitchen. What a trip !!!

Comments are closed.