Fire Damages South Memphis Funeral Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Memphis) A South Memphis funeral home was heavily damaged by fire early Christmas Eve day.

The fire at Snow Funeral Home in the 1300 block of Florida Street broke out around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters say the fire started in the back of the building and was caused by a faulty floor furnace.

There were no injuries.

Firefighters say the bodies inside the building were moved down the street to N.J. Ford & Sons Funeral Home.