Time Running Out For Powerball Winner

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Tallahassee, FL) Here’s a deadline you don’t want to miss.

Tomorrow is the last day for a $16 million Powerball winner in Florida to claim their prize.

The winning ticket was purchased in Tampa in May.

If no one claims the prize before the end of the business day, the lottery keeps the money.

80% would go to the education trust fund, the other 20% goes to the Florida Lottery prize pool to fund new games and promotions.