Hickory Hill Family Escapes Burning Home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Memphis)  A Hickory Hill family is now staying with relatives after an overnight fire heavily damaged their home.

The fire broke out around 12:10 a.m. Wednesday in the 6800 block of Fox Hedge Dr. — which is near Raines and Riverdale.

Two adults and two children were able to get out before firefighters arrived.

The family’s dog wasn’t so lucky. Firefighters had to revive it due to smoke inhalation. It is expected to survive.

Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen and likely started when unattended food was left on the stove. Most of the damage was confined that section of the house.