Two Displaced by Overnight Apartment Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Memphis)  Investigators with the Memphis Fire Department believe a grease fire on a stove led to an apartment fire in North Memphis early Thursday morning.

The fire broke out around 12:10 a.m. at the Festival Square Apartments in the 3800 block of Pikes Peak Ave. — which is near Jackson Ave. and Wales Ave.

The fire heavily damaged one unit and caused water and smoke damage to the surrounding units.

Two people were inside the apartment when the fire broke out. They both were able to get out safely.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist the two people displaced by the fire.