Computer Starts Two-Alarm Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Milford, MA) Investigators say a two-alarm house fire in Massachusetts was sparked by a computer.

The laptop was sitting on a cardboard box in the house when it began to overheat.

The box caught fire and the old construction of the home helped the flames spread.

A teen was able to get everyone out of the house safely.

Two other homes had to be evacuated as a precaution.

Experts say computers should be turned off when they are not in use.