Detergent Pod Dangers

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Memphis) News Channel 3 reported several months ago about the dangers of detergent pods.

Calls to poison control centers had spiked across the country after kids were ingesting the concentrated liquid inside the pods.

Officials at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis say they’ve since treated kids in the emergency room who’ve ingested the detergent pods.

Experts say it’s important to keep them away from kids.

Tide is also going to be adding a double latch to its plastic containers.