Two children injured in apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two children are being treated for smoke inhalation at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital following an apartment fire in Fox Meadows.

The fire started around 1:15 a.m. Friday at the Eden at Watersedge Apartments on Mendenhall Road south of Mt. Moriah.

Firefighters say an electrical problem sparked the fire — which damaged several units at the complex.

Everyone in the building was able to get out — but the two children were taken to the hospital as a precaution after breathing in too much smoke.

The American Red Cross was called in to provide assistance to three adults who were displaced by the fire.