Fire burns Tyler Perry’s stepfather’s home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENSBURG, La. — TV and film Director Tyler Perry’s stepfather lost his home in a fire overnight.

The blaze ripped through the Greensboro, Louisiana home late Monday evening.

Emmitt Perry said he heard something popping in the attic but did not smell or see any smoke. That’s when he walked outside and noticed the flames.

Some 50 firefighters worked to put out the blaze. They suspect an electrical issue sparked the flames.