Consumer alert: Here are the holiday shipping deadlines you need to know
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — December marks a busy month for the shipping industry as consumers need to send gifts and have them arrive before Christmas.
The holiday falls on a Sunday this year, so most people will have to ship their items before Friday, December 23rd unless they want to pay a lot more for overnight or same day service.
Here are the 2016 Holiday Shipping Deadlines for the major carriers.
- Ground-Friday, December 16th
- First Overnight, Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight -Thursday, December 22nd
- Same Day City (Standard)-Friday, December 23rd
- Same Day, Same Day City (Priority)-Sunday, December 25th
For domestic delivery for Christmas by Friday, December 23, ship via:
- UPS Next Day Air® by Thursday, December 22
- UPS 2nd Day Air® by Wednesday, December 21
- UPS 3 Day Select® by Monday, December 19
For domestic delivery by Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24, ship:
- UPS 2nd Day Air ® on Thursday, December 22
- UPS Next Day Air ® on Friday, December 23
- December 15 — USPS Retail Ground™
- December 20 — First-Class Mail®
- December 21 — Priority Mail®
- December 23 — Priority Mail Express®
With more people shopping online, here are the shipping deadlines for some popular retailers:
- December 16th-Free Shipping
- December 19th-Standard Shipping
- December 22nd-Free, Two-Day with Prime
- December 23rd-One-Day Shipping, Free with Prime (In select cities)
Walmart (via US News & World Report Money)
• Friday, Dec. 16: Last day to ship via value shipping.
• Tuesday, Dec. 20: Last day to ship via standard shipping.
• Wednesday, Dec. 21: Last day to ship via expedited shipping.