DYERSBURG, Tenn. -- An arrest has been made in a Thursday night shooting that left one woman dead and six others wounded.
Torius Russell, 30, has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder.
Bond for Russell, who lives in Ripley, is set at $2.5 million.
Police believe Russell was the only person involved.
Seven other people were wounded in the Thursday night shooting.
According to police, the shooting happened in a residential area on Longfellow.
Dyersburg Mayor John Holden confirmed there was an incident earlier in the day at the same residence.
Authorities think the two are related and this act of violence was not random.
- Shanice Amerson, 21, deceased
- Lakisha Rolling, 38, flown to Memphis with multiple gunshot wounds
- Unidentified male, 6, at Le Bonheur with multiple gunshot wounds
- Latonia Reenis Hunt, 22, treated and released
- Mazie Jacobs, 37, treated and released
- Charles Jackson, 23, treated and released
- Diley McVay, 32, treated and released
- Unidentified male, 12, treated and released