Stay up-to-date with our latest Solar Eclipse coverage

Moviegoers evacuated as fire breaks out at Paradiso

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- A popular movie theater will reopen Wednesday after moviegoers were evacuated from the Malco Paradiso Tuesday night after smoke filled the building.

Photos showed flames in the main concession area.

One person told WREG they were sitting inside watching a movie when they heard the fire alarm go off.  Moments later, an employee ran into the theater telling everyone to get out.

Moments later, an employee ran into the theater telling everyone to get out.

Moments later, an employee ran into the theater telling everyone to get out.

Malco released a statement saying the fire started in a popcorn warmer in the concession area.

No injuries were reported, and due to the swift actions of the Memphis Fire Department, there was only minor damage.

WREG's Troy Washington was told the fire started because of an electrical problem.

Refunds were issued.