Weather Related Closings

Two employees hospitalized after chemical exposure

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two workers were taken to the hospital after one got sick on the job at Chemours.

The employees were reportedly doing a routine tank to tank transfer of an unidentified chemical when one of them inhaled it by accident and started to feel sick.

That person, along with the employee he was working with, was transported to Methodist North to get checked out.

The Shelby County Fire Department has cleared the scene. No immediate threat to life or health was found.