Firestone shop that went up in flames had no sprinkler system; 11 cars damaged

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis firefighters were kept busy Tuesday morning due to a business fire in the medical district.

We've learned the business did not have a sprinkler system.

The fire started around 5 a.m. Tuesday at Firestone Complete Auto Care on Madison Ave. near Camilla St.

Flames were coming from the back of the building when WREG crews arrived at the scene around 5:15 a.m.

Firefighters closed part of Madison Ave. for several hours.

Investigators say the fire started due to an electrical malfunction inside the shop in a vehicle.

Eleven cars inside the building were damaged.

No injuries were reported.