Governing board announced for U of M
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Governor Bill Haslam today announced the eight appointees to the newly created University of Memphis local governing board.
The appointees to the Memphis board are:
• Douglas Edwards, senior advisor at BBH Capital Partners and former CEO of Morgan Keegan & Company, Inc.;
• Marvin Ellison, CEP and board chairman of J.C. Penney Company, Inc.;
• Alan Graf, executive vice president and chief financial officer for FedEx Corp.;
• Cato Johnson, senior vice president of public policy and regulatory affairs for Methodist Healthcare;
• Brad Martin, former interim president of the University of Memphis and retired chairman and CEO of Saks Incorporated;
• David North, president and CEO for Sedgwick Claims Management Services;
• Carol Roberts, senior vice president and chief financial officer for International Paper Co.; and
• Susan Springfield, executive vice president and chief credit officer for First Horizon National Corporation.
The General Assembly must approve the names before board appointments are effective January 16, 2017.
This means the U of M no longer must answer to the Tennessee Board of Regents.