MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- One dog owner is warning others after her dog ate some tainted chicken.
"They told me to get her to the animal hospital immediately because she had been poisoned," said Cheri Stetzer.
Those are the words that sent Stetzer into a panic.
She soon learned that her dog Molly was given raw chicken meat injected with antifreeze.
"My neighbor said Monday night he saw someone throwing something over my fence," added Stetzer.
Molly’s stomach was pumped in time to rescue her, but the thought of someone intentionally poisoning animals in the area sent Stetzer into action.
"I walked to everyone who had dogs that I knew of," said Stetzer.
Stetzer even turned to Facebook to get the word out about the animal cruelty.
Exactly one week later she’s still uneasy about letting Molly outside.
"We don’t walk anymore. I used to walk her up and down the street, but now I am too scared to do that," added Stetzer.
For Stetzer, the close call is just too close for comfort.
"I am actually getting rid of my house, I’m selling it. I am moving this scared me that much," said Stetzer.