Flu shots now available at Shelby County Health Department clinics
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — It’s that time of year again- time to get your flu shot and the Shelby County Health Department is here to help.
The influenza vaccine is now available at all of their clinics across the county.
Every year, it’s recommended everyone over the age of six months receives a shot especially if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Pregnant women
- People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with chronic medical conditions, including asthma and other lung diseases, heart disease, kidney disease and diabetes
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who care for those at high risk for complications from influenza, including:
- Health care workers;
- Household contact of persons at high risk for complications from influenza;
- Household contacts and caregivers of children less than six months of age.
The cost of a flu vaccine from the Health Department is as follows:
- Free for TennCare Clients
- $20 for uninsured or under-insured children, uninsured adults
- $30 for children with insurance that pays for the vaccine and adults with medical insurance
- $45 for those who need a Hi-Dose- Ages 65 and over
The symptoms of the flu including high fever, headache, fatigue, cough, muscle aches and a sore throat.
For clinic locations and hours click here.