2 wounded, 1 critically, in house fire

flames fire

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Two people were transported to the hospital after a house fire in the 1000 block of Delmar Avenue.

The fire happened late Saturday night.

Firefighters were called to the scene and reported heavy fire coming from the one-story house.

They brought the fire under control in less than 20 minutes, Memphis Fire said.

Two adults were taken to the burn unit of Regional Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation. The woman is in critical condition and the man is not critically injured, Memphis Fire said.

No firefighters were hurt.

Memphis Fire determined the fire started in the kitchen from food left unattended on the stove.

The house suffered smoke, fire and water damage, and Memphis Fire is working to determine exactly how much damage was done.