The Memphis Zoo is one of four zoos in the country dedicated to getting one endangered species off the list.
Dr. Steve Reichling from the Zoo was here to explain how they are helping save the Louisiana Pine Snake.
The Zoo recently reopened the Herpetarium after a three months of renovations and a new research facility is opening in September.
Fun Facts Louisiana Pine Snake
- Largest hatchling of any North American snake
- Produce the smallest clutches of any North American snake
- A Louisiana pine snake egg is 5-6 inches long
- A female will only produce 3 to 5 eggs per clutch
- A hatchling is around 22 inches at birth