Case against man accused of killing Myneishia Johnson headed to Grand Jury

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The case against a man charged with killing a Memphis teenager just days before her high school graduation is headed to a Grand Jury.

Kwasi Corbin waived a preliminary hearing and will be held behind bars without bond pending their review.

The 19-year-old was arrested after shots rang out at Second Street and Peabody May 22, killing 18-year-old Myneishia Johnson.

She was out celebrating her upcoming graduation.

According to police, Corbin told them he fired an assault rifle into a crowd.

Two other men were hospitalized.

WREG discovered Corbin has a criminal history and had several warrants out for his arrest.

In July, police documents showed Corbin attacked a girl on Knight Arnold near Perkins.

He reportedly hit her in the back of the head and face while she was begging him to stop.

Several months later, Corbin was sitting on the couch with another girl when she asked him to move over.

Corbin got upset and reportedly began punching her in the face and kicking her while she was on the ground.

When a friend came to her aid, she grabbed a knife in defense.

It was at that point, Corbin allegedly drew a gun on her and threatened to kill her.

According to police records, in September he attacked a boy he was playing basketball with and threatened to shoot him.

Corbin was also wanted for a domestic assault charge from March in which he attacked his ex-girlfriend when she said she wanted to end the relationship.

He reportedly hit her in the face, kicked and even bit her.

Last year he was also shot in the eye.

Corbin posted a picture of the incident on his Facebook page.