Lafayette's Music Room is not only offering great music, but great food.
Chef Jody Moyt prepared this tasty dish for us.
Lafayette’s Music Room Seared Ahi Tuna with Soba Noodle Salad and Tiger Sauce
6oz Ahi tuna filet
1oz Cajun seasoning
2fl oz Olive oil
Soba Noodle Salad:
4oz Soba noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
2fl oz Peanut sauce
1tsp Shredded carrot
1tsp Shredded cabbage
1tsp Julienned red pepper
1tsp Julienned red onion
½ tsp Chopped cilantro
1ea Lime, zest and juice
1tsp Chopped peanuts
1tbl Sliced scallions
1tbl Diced ginger
½ tbl Diced garlic
½ tbl Olive oil
½ tbl Sesame oil
1tsp Soy sauce
1tsp Champagne vinegar
1pinch kosher salt
- Heat oil until almost smoking in a sauté pan, light coat tuna with Cajun seasoning, and pan sear fish until rare. Set aside to rest.
- Cook soba noodles until just done, shock in an ice bath, strain and coat with oil.
- Combine peanut sauce, vegetables, cilantro, lime and noodles in a mixing bowl for soba noodle salad.
- Combine all ingredients for tiger sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk together an at least an hour in advance.
- In a pasta bowl, place soba noodles at twelve o’clock, toss chopped nuts with slat and chili powder, use nuts to garnish the salad.
- Slice the tuna and fan out in front of the salad.
- Ladle the tiger sauce over the tuna and around the plate, garnish with a sprig of cilantro.