If you have family or friends coming home for the holidays, we're helping you get the house ready for any overnight guests!
As the general manager at the Madison Hotel, Angie Hines knows how to make visitors feel like VIP's. After all, she often hosts celebrities!
- Welcome gift that represents the city/community where the guest lives.
- Stock pantry with favorite beverages and snacks. Surprise and delight with a childhood favorite.
- If traveling with a pet, have a welcome toy or treat for them too.
- Provide information on what events are happening in the city and secure reservations if possible.
- Turn down the bedding whenever you can. A sweet treat, like Dinstuhls in Memphis, goes a long way too.
- Always provide robe and slippers; girlfriends and sisters get PJ’s to take home!
- Lay out guest towels and have empty drawers for guests to unpack, plus extra hangers in the closet.
- Capture the culture of your community. In Memphis, Angie treats to fried chicken, BBQ and banana pudding.
- After departure, send a “come back soon” note with a small gift.