Chef Ragan Oglesby’s Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup blueberries (or more)
butter and maple syrup, for finishing
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another small bowl, combine the butter, buttermilk, zest, and vanilla together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing just to combine.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Ladle the pancake batter into the hot pan, and dot generously with blueberries.
- Flip when the batter starts to bubble, cooking until the pancakes are golden brown (3-4 minutes per side). Serve with butter and your favorite compote or maple syrup
To contact Chef Ragan, call Ladyfingers Catering at (901) 864-0746. You can also find her online at theragancompany.com.