Buford Pusser Festival This Weekend
(Adamsville, TN) The annual Buford Pusser Festival is being held today and Saturday.
Pusser, who was the focus of the movie, ‘Walking Tall,’ was a legendary sheriff in McNairy County from 1964-1970.
As sheriff, Pusser was known for his war on moonshine, prostitution, gambling, and other vices.
During his time in office, Pusser was stabbed seven times and shot eight.
Pusser died on August 21, 1974 when the car he was driving hit an embankment and he was thrown from the car.
- 5 p.m.- Carnival opens
- 6 p.m.- Adamsville Idol
- 8 a.m.- Car show
- 8:30 a..m- 5k race at museum
- 10 a.m. Main Street parade
- 11:00- Opening ceremony
- 12:00- Officer’s top shot competition
- 1:00- Wrestling at City Park
- 1:30- Pet Show
- 2:30- Stories of Buford at Adamsville Community Center
- 4-9: Live Music
- 9:30- Festival fireworks