Grizzlies Look For Commanding Lead In Series
Memphis, TN-Notes for game 4 between Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder on Saturday, April 26th at FedEx Forum.
* Following a pair of strikingly-similar overtime victories, the Memphis Grizzlies lead the Oklahoma City Thunder, 2-1, heading into Game 4 of their best-of-seven opening round playoff series.
* Memphis won Game 3 at FedExForum after controlling the majority of the contest, leading by as many as 17 points in the fourth quarter, seeing that lead slip away, having the game sent into overtime on a four-point play (by Russell Westbook) in the final minute of regulation, and regrouping in the extra period to pick up the win… The Grizzlies led the Thunder in Game 2 in Oklahoma City before Kevin Durant made a four-point play with less than a minute to go to help send the game to OT, which Memphis eventually won.
* Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook combined to outscore the entire Grizzlies team, 15-14, in the fourth quarter to force overtime in Game 3… However, the OKC duo shot 2-of-11 in overtime, scoring eight, as Memphis won the overtime, 13-10.
* Including postseason contests, Memphis and Oklahoma City have played each other 30 times since the start of the 2010-11 season… The Grizzlies are 16-14 in those 30 games.
* Over the past four seasons, Memphis has logged a grand total of 7,425 minutes in 30 games against Oklahoma City, including playoff games… That is the Grizzlies’ highest number of minutes played against any single opponent by far over that stretch of time… Memphis’ next-most familiar foe, the Los Angeles Clippers, has logged 6,505 minutes against the Grizzlies in that span.
* Memphis has played Oklahoma City in seven games that have gone into overtime since the start of the 2010-11 season… The Grizzlies have won six of those games, losing only a triple-overtime epic in Game 4 of the 2011 Western Conference Semifinals… The Grizzlies’ seven OT games against the Thunder over the past four seasons are tied for their most against any single opponent (with San Antonio)… Memphis has played three overtime games against Phoenix and has not gone into overtime with any other team more than once in that span.
* Game 3 of the series marked Memphis’ 15th consecutive home win dating back to the regular season… The Grizzlies have not lost at home since Feb. 5 to the Dallas Mavericks, a span of 2 months and 21 days.
* Memphis improved to 13-5 at home since the start of the 2011 Playoffs… That is the fourth-best postseason home record in the NBA over that span (behind Miami, San Antonio and Philadelphia). (Credit STATS, Inc.)
* Memphis also climbed to 11-4 this season in games decided by three points or less.
* Oklahoma City has shot sub-40 percent in consecutive games… That only happened once during the regular season, doing so in two straight contests from Jan. 7-9, 2014.
* Oklahoma City is shooting just .396 from the field (84-of-212 FG) and .238 from three-point range (15-of-63 3FG) since halftime of Game 1 of the series, spanning 10 quarters and two overtimes!
* In NBA history, teams leading a best-of-seven series 2-1 go on to win the series 82.0% of the time (283-62).
* In NBA history, teams leading a best-of-seven series 3-1 go on to win the series 96.3% of the time (209-8).
* Beno Udrih has scored 26 points on .786 shooting (11-of-14 FG) in 28 minutes in his last two games.