Tornado Watch Cancelled For The Mid-South
(WREG-TV) The tornado watch has been cancelled for entire News Channel 3 viewing area.
Strong storms moved through early Friday morning prompting tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings.
Tim Simpson and Todd Demers were live on air and on-line for several hours tracking those storms.
Download our apps in the Android and Apple stores, search for WREG.
- iTunes App Store (Apple devices)
- Google Play (Android devices)
The NWS recommend you take the following steps:
- Have a family emergency plan.
- If a tornado threatens, go to the lowest level of your home and shelter in the most interior room, like a closet or bathroom and cover with pillows or blankets.
- Residents in mobile homes or manufactured housing should have a safe place to wait out the severe weather.
- When riding in a vehicle never attempt to outrun a tornado. You should abandon the vehicle and get into a nearby sturdy structure.
- If you encounter flood covered roads, remember the phrase, “Turn Around, Don’t Drown.”
- Check and restock your emergency supply kit in case you are without electricity for an extended period of time.