For years, there's been debate over the so-called five second rule.
Some say it's OK to pick up food off the floor and eat it, if it's been there less than five seconds.
Now, a new scientific study shows it's actually OK... For the most part.
Researchers at Britain’s Aston University studied the amount of E. coli and staph bacteria on different foods dropped on different surfaces for three to 30 seconds, and found most was still edible.
But it doesn't necessarily mean you're in the clear.
The study says dropped food can still carry a contamination risk depending on what kinds of bacteria are present.