(Memphis) What may seem like a match made in heaven could really be a scam!
The continued growth of dating sites and social media has certainly helped some folks find love online, but it’s also a haven for crooks to steal your heart and your money.
Here are some signs it might be a scam:
- Pictures posted on profile seem to be professional quality images only
- Wants to leave dating site immediately and only use personal email or IM
- Emails and posts includes lots of (or odd) grammar and spelling errors
- Professes love way to early
- Person makes excuses about not being able to speak by phone
- Claims to be from U.S., but working overseas
- Plans to visit but blames emergency
- Asks you to wire money for assistance with travel or family, medical emergency