Fire Destroys Historic Home In Horn Lake

Flames Fire

(Horn Lake, MS) A fire possibly started by a space heater destroyed a historic home in Horn Lake Monday morning.

Fire Chief Dvid Linville says the fire started at about 1 a.m. at the Walker Home, located in the 2700 block of Church Road.

Linville said he thinks a space heater, which was in the laundry room to keep the owner’s pets warm, started the fire.

Firefighters at the scene reported heavy smoke when they arrived because the fire had already reached the wooden home’s attic.

The nearest fire hydrant was 3,000 feet from the home.

No one was hurt.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 10,728 other followers