Call Center Bringing 1,000 Jobs To Memphis

Posted on: 11:34 am, January 22, 2014, by and , updated on: 05:35pm, January 22, 2014

(Memphis) Big news on the job front in Shelby County.

One of the largest call center businesses in the world has decided to open up shop here.

It means 1,000 jobs are coming to Memphis and the company, Conduit Global, plans to start hiring right now.

Conduit Global plans to share a building with First Data on Goodlett Farms Road.

The company says it is looking to hire people of all levels, from professionals to people who can just talk on a telephone.

The Governor of Tennessee says it’s a big deal.

“They are going to begin immediately filling 300 positions on their way to 1,000,” said Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam.

“We are looking for everything from those who can answer the phones, contact center agents, to IT specialists to workforce analysts, supervisory center director – a wide range of positions,” said Bryce Hayes, president of Conduit Global. “Literally everything that we hire will be local.”

The facility will offer customer care for its wireless customers.

The business process outsourcing company (BPO) has operations in 14 countries world wide and says Tennessee’s leadership convinced it Memphis was also a place to be.

“We know that jobs are created when people put capital at risk and Tennessee, we know, we are a great place for investment,” said Gov. Haslam.

“We were looking for strong technology, we were looking for infrastructure, and we’re looking for employees,” said Hayes.

The company does work for telecommunications, healthcare, financial services and technology companies.

“This is a win not for just this particular city but for the entire region and these are the jobs – the knowledge jobs- that we hear so much about,” said Memphis Mayor A C Wharton.

The company says its hiring today.

Conduit Global plans to hire 300 people by the end of the year and a thousand in the next 3 to 5 years.

If you want to apply, you are urged to go to www.conduitglobal.com

• Joe says:

Now tell us how many millions of tax dollars we gave away to get them here?

• Razz Slapp says:

try clicking the link to “apply” … oh boy, here we go:

We’re sorry, the page you’re looking for could not be found.
    Try going to the homepage, or using the search box below…

• N.Myers says:

Can not pull up link for Conduit Global am very sad.

• Joe says:

Yeah incentives to be determined

Bend over memphis___ur about to give up millions in tax revenue and infrastructure costs we are donating so that Wharton and haslam can take credit for a few hundred 9 dollar an hour job

Is everybody else as sick of bloated PILOTS as I am?

Wharton would sell the city if it meant he could take credit for a job

• C.Dollar says:

Well it worked for me but i added the http in front of it as most secure sites will have. http://www.conduitglobal.com

• Joe Censored says:

You think talking to companies like Dell is a language barrier? Wait until you get a dose of a call center with a Memphis “language barrier”…

• Carol Walton says:

Well why advertise a company who is in the need of 300 employees and there website does not work. I have a son who is in very need of a job who is going to the library etc and even watching the news. Please tell me why give us hope when you can not find it. It is a total waste and I am very disappointed in watching channel 3 news and get this. My son was excited for me to pull up what????? Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tadf says:

agreed

• CJB says:

If you are interested in joining the Conduit Global team, please email us at GRH@conduitglobal.com with the following information:

■First Name
    ■Last Name
    ■Email Address
    ■Phone Number
    ■Desired Conduit Work Location
    ■Resume / CV

• tuky says:

Carol why do you have to pull this up for you son. Tell him to get off the tit and find it himself. Jeeeeez idiots!

• Carol Walton says:

You have some nerve. My son has been looking on his own. At the time, he needed my help. You are the idiot. As a parent, I do like to help my son as long as he is helping himself. You must not have any kids. So grow up.

• Jim Rock says:

It would seem that the article link is a screening device that has effectively filtered a majority of interested but probably unqualified candidates and their mothers. Good luck to C. Dollar and CJB, you may at least have some of the job skills required!

• I really needed to apply but page cant be found I gotta have a sit down job since I had a wreck and have messed up knee

• Jim Rock says:

There’s a post suddenly missing (censored) since this morning about the options of ebonics and MCS 3rd grade dropouts … somebody with clout must have taken offense at the lack of profanity or direct racial slurs … to be frank, I’ll admit that I’m a free speech bigot. I don’t like censorship; I just don’t think it’s a good thing.

• polo solo6 says:

tadf your comment about Black women and bad attitudes is correct to a point. Usually when a Black woman has a bad attitude on the job is because she encounter someone like tadf and everything went South. Intelligent people are amused by Memphis ignorance all races all levers! lol

• polo solo6 says:

So if you agree and profess to be intelligent why so ignorant? I know you sticking with your race but in the end you are responsible for You and You only.

• polo solo6 says:

Truth is, temporary services will get the assignment to hire people at minimum, then everybody but Memphis citizens run it and get in, then we get mad and hate on each other. Division!

• In the meantime, Sharp announces it will cut 300 GOOD jobs in Memphis http://bloom.bg/1e15hiz

• Linda Clark says: