(Gates, TN) Family and friends are mourning the loss of a Gates, Tennessee family killed in a house fire.
This happened on Hamlin just off Highway 14.
Amanda Springer's family looked around at what's left of her Lauderdale County home. It's inside the charred and crumpled walls, the mother and her three little girls died; trapped inside as ferocious flames swallowed their home.
“They were coming out of the roof of the house,” pointed out neighbor Joseph Burns.
Neighbors say they woke early Saturday Morning to Springer's screams. She broke out a bedroom window to try and escape with her 4 year old twins and 6 year old daughter. Other neighbors tried to help free the frightened family, but the smoke was too powerful for them to go inside.
“It's sad and tragic. The kids didn't get a chance to live their life. Neither did she, she was nothing but 26,” said Burns.
Still standing near the ashes is a children's play set. Reminding folks just how precious life is.
“They could change in the blink of an eye. You are living a good life and you wake up and it's all taken away from you,” said Burns.
It's that thought which moves neighbors to hug their little ones a little tighter.
It's believed the fire may have started because of an electrical problem. A memorial fund has been set up to help pay for their funerals. You can donate under Amanda Springer's name at the Bank of Halls.