Mother and 3 Young Children Killed in House Fire

(Gates, TN) Family and friends are mourning the loss of a Gates, Tennessee family killed in a house fire.

This happened on Hamlin just off Highway 14.

Amanda Springer’s family looked around at what’s left of her Lauderdale County home. It’s inside the charred and crumpled walls, the mother and her three little girls died; trapped inside as ferocious flames swallowed their home.

“They were coming out of the roof of the house,” pointed out neighbor Joseph Burns.

Neighbors say they woke early Saturday Morning to Springer’s screams. She broke out a bedroom window to try and escape with her 4 year old twins and 6 year old daughter. Other neighbors tried to help free the frightened family, but the smoke was too powerful for them to go inside.

“It’s sad and tragic. The kids didn’t get a chance to live their life. Neither did she, she was nothing but 26,” said Burns.

Still standing near the ashes is a children’s play set. Reminding folks just how precious life is.

“They could change in the blink of an eye. You are living a good life and you wake up and it’s all taken away from you,” said Burns.

It’s that thought which moves neighbors to hug their little ones a little tighter.

It’s believed the fire may have started because of an electrical problem. A memorial fund has been set up to help pay for their funerals. You can donate under Amanda Springer’s name at the Bank of Halls.

3 comments

  • Nonya Bidness

    All trolling aside…….

    Everyone please make sure your smoke detectors or working …… and if you don’t have any I am pretty sure that the fire departments give them away. They mount up with two-sided tape so it’s real easy to get some protection for you and your kids. I don’t want to ever read about something like this ever again.

    Memphis Div of Fire Services – Free Smoke Detectors/Fire Safety Inspections

    118 Adams Ave
    Memphis, TN 38103
    (901) 636-5650

    Olive Branch
    http://www.obms.us/free-smoke-detector-program.html

  • Scott Springer

    To whom it may concern,
    If the reporter who initially reported on this story would have done his or her job properly they would have discovered that my daughter and my three grandchildren were found lying in their beds succumbed by smoke inhalation. Thanks for perverting and molesting my grieving process.

  • Kimberly Adams

    Sorry for the lost to the family. Amanda was an ex co-worker that was really loved. Amanda was a true friend and mom that always talked about the girls while at work. We have shared many laughs and many jokes together. It all will be missed. My heart is heavy right now but I know GoD is only doing his work. 4 wonderful Angles have been added to heaven.

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 10,818 other followers